ANNUAL REPORT 2018
Stories of hope and possibility
All Common Good’s teams – whether they’re focusing on early life, education, employment or church support – aim to reignite hope and create opportunities for those marginalised by injustice.
In 2018, as the scale of our initiatives increased, we worked on consolidating systems and structures to better support our teams. We also set out to strengthen our monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, which gives us a more accurate measure of our work and allows us to provide our many stakeholders with more detailed and meaningful reporting.
As we look back, we’re celebrating:
- 2420 learners receiving improved instruction in three schools in Bonteheuwel and Hout Bay;
- 68 learners receiving one-on-one reading support at two schools though Shine Literacy;
- Hundreds of practitioners, church leaders and congregants engaging with our Early Life research;
- 84% of our 840 work readiness graduates connected to meaningful opportunities;
- 114 Justice Journey participants and 123 volunteers mobilised through our Congregational Support team.